Staff & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to use signatory union shops?
Patronizing non-union set construction shops it takes work away from union members who pay dues for the right to work under a union contract--union jobs are lost and union benefits go unpaid. This not only erodes this Local's standing in the Hollywood labor community, it undermines the union labor movement as a whole. Whether it's for set construction and painting, signage and graphics, props and set pieces or scenic backdrops, give the union facilities your business.
What are some signatory union shops in the LA area for custom fabrication?
scenic / set construction / signage
ALL SETS DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION
(310) 430-0970 or (323) 221-9600 set construction / painting / prop fabrication / miniatures 2529 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles 90065
ASTEK / ON AIR DESIGN
(818) 901-9887 digital printing / routing / signage / wallcoverings / graphics
CBS TELEVISION CITY
(323) 575-2654 scenic / construction / graphics / signage
(323) 268-3245 scenic / construction / prop fabrication
DANGLING CARROT CREATIVE
(661) 295-6610 signage / graphics / digital printing
FOX DIGITAL (Fox Television Center)
(310) 369-6573 set construction / scenic painting / graphics
GOODNIGHT & CO.
(818) 988-2801 set construction / game shows, awards shows, TV, commercials, theatre, special events
HAND PROP ROOM
(323) 931-1534 prop fabrication
(310) 841-0123 scenic backdrops: painted, photo and digital print backings
(818) 517-0931 or (626) 221-2181 scenic backdrops
(323) 956-5000 signage / graphics / paint / woodwork and molding / metal
SAMIAH SIGNS | TAKE 2 GRAPHICS
(818) 908-0717 CNC Routering / Vinyl Lettering / Vehicle Signage / Large Flatbed Printing / Printed Stained Glass
Hand Painted Signs
(323) 254-4351 set construction / paint / scenic / backdrops
(818) 249-8128 signage / graphics
SONY PICTURES STUDIO
signage / construction / paint / staff
Property and Set Dressing
STUDIO ART & TECHNOLOGY (SA&T)
(818) 951-5600 prop fabrication
TRIO ENTERTAINMENT Services Group
(818) 846-8746 Scenic / Digital Print / Sculpture
TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX
(310) 369-1000 mill / drapery / paint / signage / staff shop / wood moulding
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS / NBC (Graphic Design and Sign Shop)
(818) 777-2350 signage / graphics / digital printing / paint / drapery / custom wallpaper / vehicle graphics / prop packaging / faux plaques
UNIVERSAL STUDIOS / NBC (Staff Shop)
(818) 777-2337 Vac-u-form / mold making / flex moulds / casting / fiberglass skins / concrete and plastering / sculpting / foam
WALT DISNEY STUDIO SIGN GRAPHICS
(818) 560-5488 signage / graphics / paint
WARNER BROS. STUDIO FACILITIES Design Studio / Sign & Scenic Art / Digital Printing
Staff Shop & Architectural Ornamentation
Cabinet & Furniture Shop
What are some non-signatory / non-union shops in the LA area to avoid?
- A & D Scenery
- Action Sets and Props
- Art Model & Props
- B & R Scenery
- Basso Design Scenery and Props
- Benchmark Scenery
- Carthay Set Services
- Collins Visual Media
- Dream Delivery Inc. Miniature and Model
- Dropshop Studios
- Flix FX / Standout Graphics
- Global Scenery
- Grosh Backdrops
- Heroic Props and Sets• I.D.F. Studio Scenery
- Imagivations Production and Design
- Ironwood Scenic Inc.
- Isolated Ground
- Jet Sets
- Lexington Scenery
- Merrit Productions
- Plan B Creations and Props
- Power House
- Props Inc.
- Red Truck
- Rosco Digital Imaging
- Scenery West
- Scenic Highlights
- Tractor Vision Scenery and Rentals
- Tribal Scenery
- Vision Scenery
Where can I find more information about the IATSE?
Art Directors Guild is Local 800 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE.) The IATSE is a labor union representing over 130,000 technicians, artisans and craftspersons in the entertainment industry including live theatre, motion picture and television production, and trade shows. Visit the IATSE website to learn more about the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees.
- Who should I contact about ADG Membership?
Who should I contact during awards season about opportunities for FYC - For Your Consideration - with the ADG?
The ADG is represented by IngelDodd Media, a sales and marketing firm for the film and television industry. If you would like a For Your Consideration mailing to go out, please contact Timothy Fitzpatrick, Digital FYC/Project Manager, at the IngleDodd Media office at (310) 207-4410 x233 or by email at email@example.com.
- Who should I contact about opportunities for sponsorship and/or advertising with the ADG?
Where can I find information about Publicity for the ADG?
Recent Press Releases are available on the ADG website at the Press page.
The ADG is represented by Weissman/Markovitz Communications, a diversified public relations and integrated marketing agency in the entertainment field. For additional information, please contact Rick Markovitz, President, at the Weissman/Markovitz. Communications office at (818) 760-8995 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find a style guide for the proper use of the ADG logo?
The ADG Style Guide is available for download as a PDF on our Press page.
- Who should I contact with a question about the Availability List?
Where can I find information about the ADG Awards?
Each year, the Art Directors Guild’s Excellence in Production Design Awards honors Production Design and other creative artists in Theatrical Motion Pictures, Television, Commercials and Music Videos. Visit the Awards section of our website to learn more about the ADG Awards.